Hey tigers!
It's been a long time coming. I know it's summer rn, but seeing as i've just started this blog, theres a lot i have to catch you guys up on! I know it might sound crazy but high school felt never ending. I love school and learning, but when you're taking 10,000 required courses that you're just not interested in, it gets pretty hard to remember that. I honestly couldn't believe that I had made it (finally) when I got to graduation. Not that I didn't think I'd graduate, I mean my grades were good and everything, but I just couldn't imagine that this day would ever come, it always just felt so far away, yk? Especially since it's such a big milestone, I never felt like I would be ready for it when it came, but, as life does, it happened, whether I was ready for it or not.
I've heard so many people say that high school was the best time of their lives, and honestly, I can see why. If you're popular, and have a ton of friends, I'm sure you'd want to stay in high school forever. For me, I'm just glad it's over now. I couldn't be more excited to go to college (phew). If you asked me a year ago what I wanted to do, or where I wanted to go to school, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you either. I always envied the people who had a dream school, or a dream career, that they knew from a young age they wanted to pursue. It took a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time and reflection to figure out what I wanted to do - and my advice for anybody who's still looking is to do a summer program if you can. Pick a program that has something you might be interested in, and just go for it. Actually learning and taking a class in something you might want to do can help you decipher FAST what you actually want to learn. Overnight and college based programs can also help to introduce you to a college environment - living in dorms, walking to classes, eating in dining halls, etc. You can figure out what type of college you want to go to (or def DON'T want to go to), and what you might want to do all in one.
The school I'm attending I can honestly say now is my dream school. I always say it's like they went into my brain and built a school just for me. I'm chomping at the bit to actually get there, (and especially set up my cute dorm!), all while trying to recon with the fact that leaving means I'll actually have to leave - my hometown (thank goodness), my family, my cat, my room! All good things come with a price, and it's not easy for anybody to uproot themselves and start a new life, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited to try :)
Here's to a new chapter!
xoxo,
ttl ₊˚❀༉‧₊˚

hey girl!! I didn't see a chat box so I'm gonna put it here!! I came from your comment on diary of an indigenous diva and I have to say I LOVE your theme!! I followed and can't wait for the next post!! love it girl!! check me out at:
ReplyDeletehttps://lifeofellyblog.blogspot.com/