it's been a long long time... since i actually loved summer
hi guys - long time no see! as I feel that summer is unfortunately coming to an end, I feel like I have to write about it - I don't think that when asked my favorite season, I've ever said summer. I have always felt like it's a long stretch of too-hot time with nothing to do but dread the start of the new school year, and hope every sweaty day for the coming of fall. This year though, has been completely different. For one, I've gone on so many adventures - I know I've mentioned my backpacking trip already, but surprise, I also went to greece and italy! It was such a life changing trip, and included some of the best places I've ever traveled. To top it all off, I just started college, and being on such a beautiful campus with my new friends and so much to do, while the weather is consistently perfect - has been the best experience ever. I found myself dressing in brighter colors, wearing my hair down and wavy more often, and just enjoying being outside - something I feel like I haven't been able to do since I was little. I have been making so much time for myself (aka making this blog! something I NEVER would have had time for before now), I keep saying college just feels like one big summer camp. I know it's still a lot of academically challenging work, and believe me, I've already had my fair share of that, but compared to my life in high school...

honestly anything would feel like a vacation. Going from school, to work, to dance, and then having to do homework in the dead of night, + never having time to eat or sleep enough, and then waking up and doing it all again, felt like survival - but now, I can happily say that I'm thriving! With my schedule now, which is still above the reccomended amount credits by the way, I feel so relaxed - having anywhere between 1-3 classes in a day, and then NOTHING on the weekends!? honestly the best schedule I could ever ask for.
Anyway, this summer has been amazing, and I'm going to be holding on for as long as possible - aka wearing tank tops, skirts, and mini dresses until the weather drops below 60 degrees. You're gonna have to rip this summer out of my very cold, frostbitten hands.
xoxo, ttl ๐
No comments:
Post a Comment